Job Description: Mid-Level CVE Specialist
dTS is looking for a mid-level Countering Violent Extremism (CVE) specialist who can function as a strong technical leader, act as effective manager, and possesses a strong understanding of Countering Violent Extremism (CVE) programs. This position is a full time appointment until August 28, 2014 with the possibility of an extension.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provides home office based support in conducting literature reviews for short reports and inventories, assists the Deputy Director for CVE with the development and implementation of the project’s deliverables.
- Possesses the ability to conduct virtual meetings and interviews with stake holders.
- Provides field-based technical assistance in the evaluation of CVE programs.
- Supervises local survey firms hired for data collection, data entry, data analysis, and writing sections of reports.
- Provide home office support to team leader and program manager in locating and selecting consultants and subcontractors for implementing evaluations, write scopes of work for various evaluations and personnel, review technical deliverables from consultants.
- Assists the CVE Director in preparing project related reports and updates to the client.
- Provides project management support as needed.
- Represents dTS at partner and client meetings, and other public events.
- Minimum of Master’s degree (completed) and 10 years of total experience, with at least 5 years as a CVE specialist with field level experience as implementing programs.
- Possess an understanding of USG policy on countering terrorism and countering violent extremism.
- An active secret clearance or eligibility to quickly obtain a secret clearance is required.
- Ability to travel for about 30% of time.