Job Description: Country Team Lead dTS is recruiting Country Team Lead to provide direction, leadership, and technical oversight for a country level evaluation. This contract is for the US Department of State Countering Violent Extremism Evaluation Project. The project country will be selected from one of three target regions: South Asia, Europe, and the Middle East.
The individual will provide technical direction, management, and supervision of a team of approximately three (3) expat staff, a local survey firm, and a local administrative assistant. The duration will be full time for approximately three (3) months.
This position requires that the candidate have U.S. Citizenship and be able to obtain a Secret level security clearance (or have an active one or one which is inactive but which can be activated quickly). Preference is given to those who already have an active clearance.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead the implementation of a country level evaluation designed by dTS home office staff.
- Manage and supervise the country team, which will include expatriate consultants and local consultants.
- Ensure the quality and timeliness of assigned deliverables.
- Serve as the face of dTS to country-level stakeholders and client’s representatives.
- Consult and work with dTS administration and practice staff to smoothly implement the evaluation.
- A Masters degree in international relations, economics, survey/statistical methods, international development, public diplomacy, sociology or related fields.
- At least 15 years of experience conducting evaluations funded by DOS, USAID, or other relevant USG units. At least five (5) years of experience conducting evaluation teams.
- Ability to obtain a Secret level security clearance. Having an active/inactive clearance that can be activated quickly is strongly preferred.
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Strong analytical, writing and editing skills.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint), data spreadsheets and statistical packages like STATA or SPSS.
- Experience working, living and/or staffing programs in conflict affected countries in South Asian or North African countries.
- Has provided direction, management, and supervision of a team of no less than 12 full-time staff at dTS, two sub-contractors, and several short-term consultants.
- French or Arabic an advantage but not required.