Tuesday, January 5, 2016

You Can Win the Battle in Your Mind


by Joyce Meyer
Thoughts are powerful, and according to the writer of the book of Proverbs, they have creative ability.See Proverbs 23:7.
In fact, you cannot have a positive, exciting life and a negative mind.
See I spent a lot of years unhappy because the minute I woke up in the morning I started thinking negative, sad, depressing things. Now I can truly say I am fully satisfied since the Holy Spirit has helped me operate out of the mind of Christ (the mind of the Spirit) that is within me.
Maybe you've spent years thinking wrong thoughts based on a warped, dysfunctional past, but that can change today.


A Powerful Force

If you struggle with negative thinking, it's important for you to come to grips with the fact that your life won't change until your thinking does.
Renewed, God-like thinking is vital for change.
The Bible says that God loves us, but have you ever struggled to believe this? I have learned that if we never meditate on God's Word, we will never experience the depth of His love for us.
The love of God is meant to be a powerful force in our lives, one that will take us through even the most difficult trials into victory.

Think About What You're Thinking About

The Bible presents a lot of detailed instruction on what kinds of things we should think about.Philippians 4:8 alone tells us to think about things that build us up, not tear us down.
If you're a believer, you probably think some Scripture-based thoughts throughout each day, but think about this. Are you mixing them with negative thoughts or just any random thoughts that come into your mind?
For most of my life, I simply thought whatever fell into my head. Much of what was in my head was either lies Satan was telling me or just plain nonsense. The devil was controlling my life because he was controlling my thoughts.
Read Mark 4:24. It tells us the more time we spend thinking about the Word, the more power and ability we will have to walk in it. It also says the more we read and listen to the Word, the more revelation we will receive to understand it.
In the flesh we are lazy and want to receive from God without any effort on our own part, but that's not the way it works. You will only get out of the Word what you are willing to put into it.
I encourage you to make a decision to meditate on God's Word every day because every moment you spend absorbing it, the more virtue and knowledge you will receive from God.

This article is taken from A New Way to Think, originally published in the March/April 2011 issue ofEnjoying Everyday Life® magazine. Sign up for a free subscription.

No comments:

Post a Comment