The Deputy Director Position will be based in Bangkok, Thailand and coordinate with The Rotary Foundation in the United States. (S)he will report directly to the Director of the Center, and will be supported by an administrative team.
Duties: The Deputy Director will be expected to perform the following duties:
- organize ongoing support for the training sessions of the Rotary Peace Center; coordinate the production of a course and program manual describing the overall training process: its objectives, coverage, assignment procedures, evaluations, and selected reading lists; be involved in collecting, compiling, disseminating data and reports relative to the course’s requirements and instruction;
- act as a liaison to The Rotary Foundation and Chulalongkorn University; work closely with faculty and guest speakers who develop and teach the program and be responsible for the overall coherence of the curriculum by acting as a facilitator/moderator; contact qualified speakers based on recommendations of the academic committee; teach one or more courses within the discipline in which (s)he holds the appropriate academic credentials; be responsible for the overall coherence of the participants’ group work; organize field trips within and outside Thailand;
- be responsible for the submission and approval of the budget to Director for annual expenditures, as well as managing all financial affairs of the Center; administer the program and direct all facilities improvements; lead the program’s development;
- take part in the preparation for the selection of peace fellow applications;
- lead alumni relations and Center promotion activities.
Salary: Negotiable based on experience and qualifications
Application Procedure: Applicants should send a cover letter, CV, copies of academic degrees or certificates, and 2 professional letters of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Deputy Director Application” and your name in the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and interviewed. Closing date for applications: 11 October 2015.
Anticipated start date: 1 December 2015.