People to People International
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
The Vice President of Programs is an integral member of PTPI’s leadership team and responsible for designing and overseeing the implementation of PTPI’s global programs administered through the World Headquarters office as well as the European office. PTPI is a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri. The desired candidate should bring strengths to the areas of fostering member engagement and growth, development, and executing the strategic direction of the organization. S/he will lead a global team of program staff designed to carry out the mission of PTPI. The VP of Programs is responsible for the organizations varied and integrated programs.
Specifically, the VP Programs is responsible for: implementing existing and creating new programming to reach a larger audience and help PTPI expand its worldwide reach through innovative and multinational programming which includes the four pillars of People to People International: Experience, Learn, Lead, Connect.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Work with staff to evaluate the current portfolio of programs and help create new programming which is consistent with PTPI’s mission and strategic plan. Implement appropriate changes to ensure member satisfaction, and the financial stability of the organization to ensure its longevity;
- Work closely with the CEO and other senior leadership team, key vendors to enhance PTPI’s strategic direction and program effectiveness; monitor and evaluate effectiveness of programming and keep the organization’s programs relevant to a diverse constituency as well as help increase PTPI’s global constituency.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills.
- Evaluates program staff performance.
- Maintains a positive, results orientated work environment with a team-based culture.
- Provide leadership to challenge the staff to innovate and function effectively in an international environment;
- Manage in a fiscallysound manner; oversee appropriate staff and be familiar with all financial operations and budget processes;
Domestic and international travel at some points in the job will be required.
The final candidate will have the following experiences and qualifications:
- Demonstrated international experience, preferably living and working outside the United States for at least a year.
- Demonstrated track record of success and proven leadership, managerial, and problem-solving experience (at least 7 years management experience preferred);
- Experience leading teams in a global, multicultural organization and creating a unified team;
- Demonstrated capability and effectiveness for developing and implementing strategic plans, business plans and policies that support an organization’s mission and goals;
- Superior management skills; experience in building, mentoring, and coaching teams/working with vendors.
- Ability to operate effectively from the strategic to the tactical level.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from staff, vendors and other stakeholders.
- Exceptional project management, organizational and creative problem-solving skills with demonstrated capacity to manage overlapping activities, embrace change and learn new technologies.
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and excellence in organizational and project management with the ability to achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget.
- Experience in communicating clearly and concisely, both in writing and verbally; comfortable with both formal and extemporaneous presentations;
- A team player, who can interrelate and operate effectively with peers and other associates.
Masters preferred, especially in International Relations, International Development or related field.
Due to the position being based in the United States, applicants must be a US citizen or possess a Green Card giving them the right to work in the United States.
For strictly confidential consideration, please mail or email cover letter and resume to;
People to People International
911 Main Street, Suite 2110
Kansas City, MO 64105
No phone calls please.
Application Deadline: October 31, 2014
About People to People International
The vision of People to People International is that a network of culturally knowledgeable global citizens will be an active force in creating and sustaining a more peaceful world.
Believing that it is through connecting people across borders and cultures that we build the relationships that create understanding, the mission of People to People International is to offer multinational experiences that foster cross cultural learning, develop global leadership skills, and connect with an international network of people committed to making a positive difference in the world.
Because in an increasingly interconnected world, success in making a positive difference will come to those best prepared to work and lead across borders and divides, People to People International provides innovative ways for people to experience, learn, lead, and connect.
PTPI is a nongovernmental, not-for-profit organization headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri USA. PTPI qualifies for exemption from income tax under the U.S. Internal Revenue Code 501(c)(3). The organization is funded by program fees, membership dues and donations.
PTPI Headquarters is based in Kansas City, MO. The successful candidate will be expected to reside in the Kansas City metropolitan area.