See online description below and note that only applications sent via post mail will be considered: http://bit.ly/HJUJAPANJOBPOST
21 May 2014
Hiroshima Jogakuin University
Prof. Izumi Hatano,
Dean, Faculty of Liberal Arts
Re: Faculty Teaching Position Opening (JAPAN)
1. Research field Global Studies, International Relations, Area Studies, Cultural Studies, or related field
2. Classes Introduction to Global Studies, Developing Global Thinking, Global Citizenship, American Society & Culture, Women & the World, Business English, Issues in Japan Studies, Intercultural Communication
3. Position Associate Professor, or Lecturer（3-year contract with the possibility of tenure based on an appraisal of teaching and research achievements after employment）
4. No. of positions 1 position
5. Qualifications (1) Understand and commit to our founding spirit based on Christianity
(2) Master’s degree or Doctoral degree (preferred) in a relevant research field (see above)
(3) A native English speaker or person with equivalent command of English
(4) A working command of the Japanese language is preferred
(5) Experience of teaching at the university level is preferred
(6) Obligations to support the school administration
(7) Ability to supervise the graduation theses of undergraduate students
(8) Plan and take charge of a summer Global Village Fieldwork program
(9) Must live in Hiroshima city or the surrounding area
6. Starting date 2014/9/20
7. Application deadline Materials must arrive by 17:00 on 2014/6/23
8. Application materials
(1) Curriculum Vitae (with a photo attached) including information about Japanese language ability.
(2) List of educational and research achievements.
(3) Copy or offprint of 3 major research works.
(4) Short essay about your educational philosophy (one page of A4-size paper).
(5) Choose three courses listed above and create a syllabus for each (one page of A4-size paper for each). The syllabus should include the objective, content for a 15-week course, instruction plan and evaluation method of the class.
(6) Copy of certificate or diploma of the highest degree earned.
9. Selection process
(1) 1st screening: Document evaluation
(2) 2nd screening: Teaching demonstration and interview (applicants will be contacted directly)
(3) 3rd screening: Interview with president, chancellor, and dean (applicants will be contacted directly)
＊ On taking up the post, a medical report must be submitted.
10. Salary Based on the Pay Regulations and the Fixed-term Employment Regulations of Hiroshima Jogakuin
11. Submission address Hiroshima Jogakuin University,
Faculty of Liberal Arts
4-13-1 Ushita-higashi, Higashi-ku
Write ‘Application form for Faculty Position: Global Studies in English’ on the envelope in red. Send the application documents by registered mail.
12. Results Results will be informed to the applicant as soon as the screening process is over. Any questions or inquiry about this recruitment can be accepted only through email.
13. Contact（email only） Prof. Izumi Hatano, Dean, Faculty of Liberal Arts （email@example.com）
14. Other information If you wish to have your application materials returned, please enclose a self-addressed envelope with stamps to cover the return shipment.
Courtesy Courtney Lawrence on May 28, 2014 at 9:25am in Job/Consulting Opportunities