Thursday, November 16, 2017

Leila KIGHA: A woman that is trained and empowered with knowledge on her identity and potential is worth her weight in gold

- Who is Leila KIGHA?

Leila Kigha, Cameroonian from the North West Region.
I coach, write, and speak, not only to inspire learning individuals to unlock their potential, using holistic and innovative methods but i also inspire, empower and educate them on how to  clearly communicate their unique value, raise their visibility by connecting with their true selves and successfully realize their career and personal goals. I am an enthusiastic ,forward thinking, and passionate person and I use those to help others especially women, identify their uniqueness and leverage it as a determining factor in their careers and lives.
Having spent more than 10 years in broadcast journalism, media communications, public relations and event management today I will say am a Personal Branding and communication coach.
I am founder of KARA Communications S.A (www.karacommunications.com) a consultancy where I operate all the magic on the people am privileged to work with through lunch and Learn sessions, one on one or group sessions as well as corporate trainings. I share my personal and professional thoughts on my blog as well (www.leilakigha.com). I also the coordinate SHINE a LIGHT Africa (SALA) an association which advocates for the protection of women and girls from all forms of misconception, discrimination, sexism, gender-based violence, abuses and crimes which are the result of the wrong perception of the woman in society. We already began work in my home town (kisenjam-nkar jakiri) with amazing women. We set up cooperatives where these women who are basically farmers who are so eager to share their craft with the world and are learning how technology can connect a rural community to the world.We look forward to extending to other communities next year.
I equally volunteer as media and promotion planner for AGAPE and A New World Altogether, all humanitarian organizations in Cameroon.

I am Vice President of Phenomenal African Woman and a member of worldpulse.comI hold a B.Sc. (hons) in Journalism and Mass Communication, certified Personal Brand Facilitator/coach, (diplomas) in marketing, leadership, theology, Marriage and Family Education.

 - What drives Leila KIGHA?

Purpose: “Who am I? Where did I come from? Why am I here on earth? 
The answers to these questions are found in the Creator and not the creature. Destiny is what God has foreordained you to be. Purpose is your ability to walk in it…” This is an excerpt of the book
“Burning with Purpose” by Dr Annie Smith that changed my life forever. She brought me into a deeper understanding of the quality of the choices I make and the consequence which is living a fully, enjoyable
and abundant life! I believe a purposeful life, a life that is lived intentionally is a life that will affect generations. That is the kind of life I strive to live and inspire other women to as well.

Passion:  “Light yourself on fire with passion and people will come from miles to watch you burn.” ? John
Wesley. This describes everything I am. I learnt you cannot make a difference unless you do the things you are passionate about. I believe an extraordinary life is one that lives out its passion and purpose. When you discover what you were cut out for life becomes a journey of exploit where the little steps you take grow to become the change your community needs. In this part of Africa, you may not survive the challenges life offers when you step out if you don’t truly love what you do. I knew and still know it is not easy to bring about change but I am kept ablaze by the unending passion that fuels me from within!

 - What is your greatest influence?

Jesus Christ:  Who else? Hahahaha
He brought me joy and peace. He showed me how precious and worthy I am. I have a life that is free of worry, anxiety, and fear, not to say they don’t come every day but he has me anchored in His love and I am living free from any form of bondage. Who else could have such an influence on my spirit, soul and body?

 - Who is your role model?

Three women have affected and influenced my life deeply:
My Mother: She is the most open hearted and tenacious woman I know. Her simplicity, care, concern, largess amaze me every day. She brought us all up not in hate but taught us to be open hearted and love others.Train up a child in the way she/he should go so that when he/she grows up they will not depart from it? My mother did a great job with us and I am grateful.

Dr Annie Smith: (Gospel Of Christ Ministries) This is a woman of passion, dedication and commitment I am forever grateful I met her. Besides being my spiritual guide alongside her husband, she has taught me so much only
eternity can tell.I draw inspiration to move on,to pursue purpose because she is the light in my path.

Susan Hodgkinson: (The personal Brand Company) this is an amazing personal
brand expert God placed in my path. At a moment when I was asking questions
about how to go about being an influence in my community, she came and offered
to train and lead me. She teaches me every day that is more blessed to give than to receive. And I am looking forward to give and give and give of myself even if it is just for one person!

 - Where do you see yourself in the next five years?

I look forward to being a thought leader in my domain in this part of the world.
A role model to women who want to embrace heart centred entrepreneurship.
An advocate for women’s rights with influence.
A source of blessing to this world in every aspect.



 - Are you proud of the African Woman today? 

I am so so proud of the African woman today. When I look at what is being achieved in my community for one, the number of women getting Into STEM  for example, number of social entrepreneurs, the advocates, the inventors and innovators, I can say we may not yet be where we want to be but we are not where we were yesterday. Am so proud of the noise we are making today as one voice across different nations and cultures.

 - What are the challenges of the African Woman?


Wrong or false identity; I believe African women are still victims of identity crisis
that has kept them subject in life and in their minds to the supposed norms of
our societies. If every woman were to know she is a world of wealth with so
much to offer based on her multi-tasking strength it will make a difference.
I lend my voice to any campaign that empowers the woman, I train women on how to embrace your uniqueness and make the difference.
I am running a campaign under Shine A Light Africa (SALA) themed “Your Body Your Choice” it’s a call for women to be courageous enough to look at themselves and love every aspect of their being.

 - What will you change  at the Ministry of Women's Empowerment and the family, if you were named the boss today?

Hahahahahahahaha
I think one of the very first aspect I will look into is how at the level of the ministry we can influence policies on gender violence.
I will also influence policies on gender inclusion in the Work place. The future of the workplace is the woman. I strongly believe this.
Forge More opportunities and partnerships to Empower and educate women.

 - What don't you like in young girls today, you will quickly address if you had the chance, and how?


Don’t like? I don’t think so  but I am sure our girls can do better and bigger if they have the right influences and we are the ones to prepare and present the platforms for them. Together we can make a difference one day at a time, one community at a time, one nation at a time.

  - What is your ICE Vision?

African women need to be heard more and to do that they need people who can inspire them to speak up, encourage them to take steps towards a much more better life and empower them to practically become the change they desire to see. She has so much to offer that if they gave her an opportunity to express herself, I believe our communities will be better, our children will grow to become the leaders we desire to see.A happy and fulfilled woman equals a blissful home and society.
I offer lunch N Learn training sessions monthly during which I teach my signature 5 steps to Personal Brand Clarity. It’s a relaxed, fun filled training while having lunch. This has helped many young women especially get clear ideas on what they are about and how they can build their businesses.
I also offer one or two day tailored training for companies that want to empower their staff for maximum productivity by investing in building their personal brands.


https://m.facebook.com/KARACOMMUNICATIONS/

https://youtu.be/qDCVRKHVOsc

https://m.facebook.com/Leilakighadotcom/

https://youtu.be/84835o6G_wg

https://youtu.be/I_Jezgi_cT8


  - Any plans for the AU or UN?


I would love to be part of the training and education unit. I believe a woman that is trained and empowered with knowledge on her identity and potential is worth her weight in gold. I will love to offer them holistic self-empowerment skills that can make them stand out and make a difference.

  - Any advise for the African Woman?


You are the change you want to see around you. You have more than what you know to make a difference, do not underestimate yourself and dare to dream and act. Take those baby steps, however insignificant they may seem and see the ripple effect around you.
You are not just a woman, you are a mother, a sister, a professional, an expert, a voice, a wife.. Do not trade it for anything in the world. 
Cheers to your extraordinarily brilliant life!

No comments:

Post a Comment