Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Latoya Likambi: Stop fighting for peace and show more love by giving more people education and a change


1. Who is Latoya Likambi?

I am the author of Short Stories by Latoya Likambi (which is a series of moral stories which come in handy to young children) and Kasey’s Diary which has recently been published and got a #2 bestseller). I developed my passion for writing when I started school since I loved storybooks and had a big imagination.

2) What fuels Latoya Likambi?

What gets me to level up (or work harder) is when I am pushed and reminded about getting tasks done, which is exactly what my mum did, if not I would probably procrastinate and not finish the tasks/ achieve my goals. At the beginning of my writing journey I would jot down things that I imagined and I thought may develop into an interesting story.

3) Who is your role model?

My mum is my inspiration, helper and rock. She supports me massively by paying for the publication and promoting my book almost everywhere, including: Facebook, websites, WhatsApp, schools, leaflets, and many more. However, my dad buys me all of the books I read to stretch my imagination and my vocabulary. My mum is also my role model because she is also an author and has gone through some of the hardest things but is still always positive.

4) Where do you see yourself in the next five years?

 In the next five years, I want to have published over 30 books, have my own clothing line, be a huge inspiration to many young girls and boys worldwide and have over 1 million subscribers on both of my YouTube channels. 

5. How demanding is this for you?

The only challenges for me would be my peers who have increasingly demonstrated interest in writing and they have said they want to write a book with me or they want to do my illustrations for me but I have to make sure they're serious about it and will not build a toxic relationship with me. I will also need to understand and get to know their values and habits.

This does not stop me from putting my family first anytime, followed by school and finally friends, because the values my parents inculcate in me are not only priceless, but they are as well timeless.  Despite any natural limitation, I will mainly focus on my studies and my books because it’s very important and in my spare time (which I hardly get) I will always be with my family. My mum is also very strict with social media since it is a distraction and stops children from releasing their creative genius because they will be glued to it all day.

With the birth of Kasey's diary, I am keen to time management because I am solicited by media organs in my Country and the UK for interviews on insights of the KD. I must admit I am very privileged to be invited to many interviews and they have all been successful so far. I think I enjoyed the "Angela Preston Get Up 7 Go Radio Motivational Show" interview the best which was also my first. I also loved the interview in London at “Rose on All Sides” on BEN TV in London, and would love to go back anytime.

6. How do you unwrap pressure?

I relax myself simply by reading, writing or listening to calming music, which gives me more ideas for my future books, clothing lines, etc. 


7. What is your ICE enthusiasm for girls of your age and mothers willing to write a different story? My ICE for girls and mothers lost on a slumber trip would be: be yourself, inspire each other, take advice and always build each other and make everyone feel good about themselves, instead of putting each other down.


8. What will you change in the decision making quarters should you be made a junior parliamentarian? If I ever had the chance to be a junior parliamentarian, I would consider shop keepers, business managers and colleagues to take sensible children more seriously. I once came across a situation like this when I wanted to refund a packet of sweets which had a sticky substance on the packet, the lady said no, and I protested three times but she refused.

9. What things easily put you off these days? Instagram and social media photos are the main things that put me off. Personally, I don't spend a lot of time on social media and I think it is unfair that people are going through bulimia and depression because they want to be as skinny as an "Instagram model".


10. What if you were made Minister of Youth and Civic Education, what will be your first steps to right present misdemeanors?  

If I should be 'The minister of Youth and Civic Education', I will always have a rethink of decisions I take and be sure that the youth will absolutely benefit from its outcome because I strongly believe that all children and adults should be educated with more knowledge to help inspire and save the world. I will not hesitate to tender public apologies where I falter and make new constructive and more determined adjustments for the common good to tomorrow's leaders.


11. What is your greatest influence after Kasey's Diary?

 My greatest influence before and after the writing of Kasey's Diary is the impact it has had on many young boys and girls worldwide. Readers all over the world can get Kasey's Diary, since it is international and sold worldwide on Amazon and other retailers worldwide. Many people who have read it say that it is a very engaging book to young peers and I agree because Kasey goes through daily challenges that any teenager would go through at home and in school.


12. Are you indifferent to the current crises robbing the nation of its peace and economic stability? I was shocked to hear about this bad news, and about our country being destroyed, but some might be rather shocked by my answer. I personally think that we should stop fighting for peace and show more love and also give more people education and a chance to see how the UK is like compared to the country they are living in then— then they will be able to make major differences which will help their country and the people living in it.


No comments:

Post a Comment